Health Economics, Policy, and Management (master's 2-years)
Why choose this programme?
Knowledge of health economics, policy and management is in demand all over the world, on local and national levels. Internship and exchange throughout the study programme will further give you opportunities to develop networks in Norway and abroad. Choose between a specialization or the General programme which combines all three fields: Health Management, Health Economics and Economic Evaluation.
HEPAM offers specializations which will give you first hand knowledge in the following fields:
- Health economics
- Health management
- Economic evaluation
In addition to the specialization courses the HEPAM offers a broad range of elective courses and seminars.
The research at the Department is highly relevant and is much used in national and international decision-making processes.
Research in health economics focuses on
- Economic analyses of health policies
- Effects of economic incentives
- Determinants of hospital efficiency
- Factors behind the demand for health services
- Labour markets for health personnel
The health management research field focuses on
- The organization, management and politics of health care
- Clinical leadership and management
- Quality of health care
- Historical and ethical topics
- Changes in leadership and organizational culture
Research in economic evaluation involves
- Methods to assess the cost-effectiveness of treatments, procedures, diagnostics, screening practices, healthcare delivery routes and technologies.
- Use of QALYs in the assessment of effectiveness
- Application of the methods to a range of diseases such as cancer (e.g. breast, colorectal, lung), cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, orphan diseases and rheumatic disease
A semester abroad
A semester in a leading university abroad will broaden your knowledge on the healthcare sector of a European country. The following agreements allow you to access teaching activities and earn credits from graduate programmes at our partner universities.
- University of Hamburg (please check out this new agreement)
- Technische Universität Berlin
Knowledge of health economics, policy and management is in demand all over the world, on local and national levels. Internship and exchange throughout the study programme will further give you opportunities to develop networks in Norway and abroad.
- More on career opportunities
Study health in Oslo?
Read more about being a health student in Oslo
Universitetet i Oslo – Norges største universitet
Universitetet i Oslo, UiO, ble grunnlagt i 1811 og er Norges største og mest tradisjonsrike institusjon for høyere utdanning. Skolen har ca. 30 000 studenter og 7000 ansatte. UiO har åtte fakulteter, som alle tilbyr både enkeltemner, årsenheter, bachelorprogrammer, masterprogrammer...