Safety for Process and Infrastructure SystemsUniversitetet i Sørøst-Norge
Safety for Process and Infrastructure Systems
What is Safety for Process and Infrastructure Systems?
This course (SSTS6202) uses examples from subsea production systems as well as transportation systems to illustrate what technical safety means in practice. The course gives special attention to safety critical functions with examples from workover systems, HIPPS (High-integrity pressure protection systems), subsea process system as well as transportation systems.
The student will obtain knowledge of the technical safety process, and the safety life cycle as defined by the functional safety standards (IEC 61508 for the general industry, IEC 61511 for the process industry, and ISO 26262 for road vehicles).
After the course the student will be able:
- perform technical safety analysis at different stages in a product/system life cycle, and use hazard identifications and risk analysis in the design of safety-instrumented systems (SIS).
- to design an SIS at appropriate Safety Integrity Levels (SILs).
- to create a lifecycle plan for a safety-critical system, and manage the development of such a system according to the functional safety standards.
- Furthermore, the student will obtain an understanding of how to communicate technical safety with relevant stakeholders involved in an engineering project.
The courses are organized as intensive one-week courses each with 5 days of lectures. During this week, the lectures last from 0830 to 1630 each day. The courses are a mixture of lectures and work in groups. Masterstudents and others taking courses for credit will work on a written assignment which is due 10 weeks after the end of the course. A completed course with approved written assignment will give 7.5 studypoints.
No prerequisites other than general engineering mathematics. We recommend taking the course Robust Engineering in advance.
The price for attending a course depends on whether you take the course for credit or not. To get credit for the course, you need to hand in a written assignment.
- Alternative 1: Attendance only kr. 17.000,-
- Alternative 2: Attendance and written assignment kr. 23.000,-
For alternative 2, the price also includes supervision and grading of the written assignment.
Unemployed or temporarily laid off?
If you are unemployed or laid off you may apply for this course for free due to an allocation from HK-dir. You still have to meet the admission requirements set for this course.
The registration deadline for each course is 2 weeks before the course starts.
We accept registrations also after the deadline, provided there are available seats. Each course has a limited number of seats, so please sign up early. We reserve the right to cancel courses with too low participation.
Kontaktinformasjon til Universitetet i Sørøst-Norge
Universitetet i Sørøst-Norge
Det finnes ingen omtaler av denne utdanningen ennå. Bli den første!