Theology and ministry - Master
Master in theology and ministry
Do you want to work in leadership positions in churches or Christian organizations? Then a master's degree in theology and ministry would be a good start.
About the program
We like to think of MATM as Theological studies for Ministry in a changing context. The Master in Theology and Ministry is a natural choice for students aiming at leadership positions in churches or organizations. MATM is a 120 ECTS credit program running over two years at normal progression. Because of flexibility built into its structure, and the use of online recourses, you may live where you already live and travel to the campus in Bergen only for the two learning intensives each semester.
April 15th for Norwegian and EU/EEA citizens. February 1st for other international applicants.
The Master´s programme in Theology and Ministry is based on one of the following educational pathways:
- a bachelor’s degree
- a cand.mag. degree (first cycle degree which was awarded in Norway until 2005)
- other degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration
- an education which has been accredited as the equivalent of the above-mentioned degrees or educational pathways pursuant to section 3-4 of the Act relating to Universities and University Colleges.
- You must document an average grade of C or higher on the European ECTS grading scale in the undergraduate study. Certificates from countries using another grading scale will be assessed individually.
Any educational pathway must include specialization in the theological disciplines biblical theology, church history, systematic theology, and practical theology, with a scope of at least 80 ECTS credits. (In special cases, the institution may recognize other documented qualifications as completely or partly equivalent to the educational pathways mentioned above.)
You must document English language proficiency by one of the following:
- English basic course (140 hours) from Norwegian upper secondary school, general studies, minimum grade of 2 in both written and oral English.
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500 points on the paper-based test (PBT) and 60 points on the internet-based test (IBT). TOEFL results must be sent directly from ETS (code # 1886) and the test must not be older than 2 years.
- IELTS (academic) with a score of 5.0 or better. IELTS must be verifiable online.
- University of Cambridge exams: First Certificate in English, Certificate in Advanced English or Certificate of Proficiency in English.
Studiefakta, Tittel m.m
Master's Degree (120 ECTS)
NLA Høgskolen er en offentlig godkjent privat høgskole med et bredt studietilbud i Bergen, Oslo og Kristiansand. NLA har et kristent verdigrunnlag.
På NLA finner du et studietilbud som omfatter Lærerutdanning, Pedagogikk, Teologi, religion og filosofi, Interkulturelle studier, Journalistikk, medier og kommunikasjon, Musikk, Økonomi og administrasjon og Idrett.
De tre studiestedene ved NLA Høgskolen er:
- NLA Høgskolen Bergen
- NLA Høgskolen Staffeldtsgate
- NLA Mediehøgskolen Gimlekollen
Kontaktinformasjon til NLA Høgskolen
Det finnes ingen omtaler av denne utdanningen ennå. Bli den første!